Monday, April 30, 2012

Rugs with old charms - Private 0204


Last year in September I visited Maison & Objets in Paris. Such a massive trade fair and I think the one that happens in January (which I am hoping to go to next year) is even bigger! Those who have been lucky to go to the Milan Fair this month would know how exhausting these European fairs can be. BUT. It's visually stimulating, brain tingling, jaw dropping, so inspiring!
One of the company I absolutely fell in love with was Prïvate 02 04. They produce beautiful hand made vintage hemp kilim rugs with a... "wash-wash" finish (that's how they call it). They are all unique, of course being vintage and come from the Anatolian Plateau in Turkey (it's here). The process is to have them washed in the sea and then dried on the beach and re-vitalised... The result is just stunning, a worn out look, which could be perfect in so many interiors. Easy mix with "industrial/urban" furniture, perfect with mid century modern pieces, even with some antique pieces...
More than the look, it was the feel that really got me, really soft and supple, great texture. Being a major fan of linen, these are like an over-sized type. Heaven!!
I only recently realised that HUB was a distributor, so guess where my next trip in the city will be...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...