Saturday, June 23, 2012

When Porcelain and Pastels meet...


Recently we've been talking with a couple of friends about doing a ceramic workshop to get the creative minds (and hands) going. I haven't done any ceramics since my Art&Design degree in Scotland (over 12 years ago...eek!) but I truly enjoyed it then. I used to spend a lot of time in the timber workshop using heavy, loud and dangerous machinery, the one day a week in the ceramic studio was like being in heaven. So on the subject of ceramics, when I saw these delicate and sweet porcelain creations from Urban Cartel I couldn't help but wanting to share them. More than the just the fine lines and shapes I think it's the colour selection of the range that really grabbed my attention. Beautiful mix of subtle pastels and greys that are highlighted by a glossy (food safe!) glaze.  Designed by Craig Pearce. Another great thing is that they are a local product, yes, designed and made in Melbourne! Love that, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...